1. Is it just me, or has Alyce become quite an artist? I'm finding her soulful self-portraits fulfilling on many levels. The arms, you'll notice, seem to be growing directly out of her head. She's always challenging me to think outside the box. Mostly, I just love her silly grin.
2. This list is far greater than my own.
3. I've just fallen in love with Coeur de Pirate. Also, her cover of Katy Perry. Don't judge me.
4. Do you think I could make this Pumpkin Challah before I leave for work in the morning? Probably not, but I should probably try anyway.
5. Speaking of work, I've applied for a job that I would really, really, really like to have. Universe, help a girl out, would you?
6. I've been doing a lot of writing lately, planning for some potential freelance articles and even for the book I hope to write about my grandmother. The past six months have been *challenging* to say the least, but I've never put so much energy into my writing before*. I like it. I like it a lot.
7. Have you read Jonathan Franzen's Freedom? I started listening to it on CD during my commute to work everyday, and I have to admit, I hated it. The book is spread out over 19 CDs, and I made it all the way to disc 13, but I just couldn't do it anymore. I wanted to like this book, I really did. But the characters were mean-spirited, the outlook dreary, and I just couldn't handle all the whining. I hear enough whining from my three year old. I usually finish books no matter what, but I just couldn't do it. Did you like it? Are you one of those readers who finishes a book no matter what?
8. If you don't already, I suggest that you head over here. Ryan from Pacing the Panic Room, along with his wife Cole, are taking photoblogging to an impressive level.
9. I think Shira might be heading in the direction of non-breastfeeding. But I don't really want to talk about this, so I'm just going to sit in the corner for a little while.
10. The following things have made me smile this week: Alyce's interpretive dancing to Eddie Vedder's Ukulele Songs, Shira's new vocabulary, especially when she tries to say Alyce, carving a Halloween pumpkin with the girls, Matt's newly discovered talent at roasting brussel sprouts.
It's Thursday, everyone! That means tomorrow is Friday!
The weekend. It's coming.
*Note to self: This might be why that whole PhD dissertation never quite worked out.