1. My mum invited me and The Children for a fancy lunch at her work, a beautiful inn and spa. Alyce enjoyed her first Shirley Temple.
2. I am sick with a summer cold and have blown my nose 4,987 times today.
3. It is a billion degrees today and don't even get me started about the humidity.
4. I am on the trail of a wonderful job that involves cheese. That's all I'm allowed to say at the moment. I am in no way close to getting the job at present, but I'm working on it.
5. In related news, I think I'm developing an intolerance to dairy. I probably should not be making that public, considering my potential career in cheese. But I'm an over-sharer and it was inevitable.
6. Shira is sick and teething. And still unbelievably cute.
7. I helped my grandparents prepare for their garage sale tomorrow morning. My grandparents spend a few years buying things they don't need at other people's garage sales, and then they have their own sale to get rid of it all. And then the cycle begins anew.
8. Matt and I have been keeping track of our our food spending lately and today we tallied up August. I am unwilling to reveal the actual dollar amount, but let me just say that we really enjoy eating. And we like the good olive oil. And the good chocolate. And the wine.
9. Alyce declared that she would like us to have two more kids. One will be named Alyce, she said, and the other will be named Shira. She's on to something, that girl.
10. I'm currently drooling all over the second season of Mad Men. Christina Hendricks is dreamy.
And your day? Hope it was cooler than mine.