Friday, April 12, 2013

Today I have an interview

Alyce, 1 day old.

Maybe you remember last year, when I didn't even get an interview. I had applied to midwifery school with so much passion and excitement it never occurred to me that I wouldn't get an interview. When I got the letter my heart was broken, but the world didn't collapse. Doesn't that always happen? We get so worked up and teary (or sobby, as it happens with me), and then in the end, we adjust. Plans change, new ideas emerge, and we move forward.

Now it's a year later and I am one step closer. Today I have an interview for midwifery school. I am roughly equal parts thrilled and nervous. I'm standing at this place where I want something so badly yet I know, I just know, that everything will be fine no matter what. I'm coming to see, stubborn as I am, that I have everything I need already. I am built to be a midwife, but I'm build for many other things, too.

As I make the final preparations for my interview later today, I find myself thinking about my midwives, the women who helped me bring both my children into the world. Thank you Houley, Andrea, Lindsey, Manavi, Katie, Sarah, Nicole, and Dorinda. They supported me and inspired me, and I am forever grateful. Thank you for making me feel safe when I was scared, for encouraging me when I doubted myself, and for catching those slippery babies, especially Shira, who was enormous.

Be well!

4 comments:

  1. So much hope sent your way! When will you know?? Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh, I wish you SO much luck. I'll be applying myself down the road, once the kiddies are a bit older :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it all went well and you are able to follow your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, everyone! It was a difficult interview, but went reasonably well. It's just so hard to know how these things go! I'll know in a couple of weeks, and will be sure to write about it, no matter what the outcome.

    ReplyDelete