Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The holiday that never was



Did you know that it was Rosh Hashanah these last two days? I had almost forgotten! I love this time of year and had been busy making apple cake (just pretend that you're surprised I found the recipe here) and some round challah (found there, too). We shared a wonderful dinner with friends on Sunday night (Jewish holidays begin at sundown the night before), but then before we could even awake the next morning to put on our finest new year clothes I was called to a birth! It was my second birth as a doula and hands down one of the best ways to welcome the new year. After catching up on my sleep Monday evening, we were all set, once again, to try again on Tuesday for the second day of Rosh Hashanah only to discover that Matt and the girls had the stomach flu.

I like to think that we are starting the new year by getting the inevitable sickness out of the way before all the good things get started. That's what I've decided. In the meantime I remain grateful for the beginning of another year. To all of you, whether you are celebrating Rosh Hashanah or not, may it be the sweetest of years! L'Shanah Tovah, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment