Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday is the new Monday

A little after school dress-up.

In honour of last night's post about time management, and my desire to create a to-do list that is both manageable and accomplished, I offer you my day's list, in no particular order (which might be part of my problem in the first place, but I digress):

  1. Clean entire house. Just kidding. But do clean some of the house because a) the Shabbat deserves a nice clean house, b) Matt invited a guest for dinner, and c) bathrooms don't clean themselves.
  2. But seriously: vacuum carpets, clean the bathroom, and wash the kitchen floor.
  3. Give Shira a duster and encourage her to clean like the wind!
  4. Spend thirty minutes on my course website reading more of my students introductions. There aren't many obligations for my students this first week of classes, but I do expect they'll introduce themselves. It's only polite.
  5. Edit a birth story I've written for my first doula clients. I hope they'll find it useful. Have I mentioned already how amazing that was? Oh right, I did that here.
  6. Come up with, bake, and (eventually) devour a dessert for tonight's Shabbat dinner. Alyce and Shira always have something special with their Friday night dinners and today I'm going to prepare a few chocolate covered strawberries for them. But I'm still not sure what to make for the grown-ups. Maybe chocolate covered strawberries.
  7. Remember to actually prepare the strawberries instead of just talking about them here on this blog. 
And in honour of my renewed optimism, here are a few things that have inspired me this week:

She constantly reminds me that it is ok not to be perfect. Read this (and all her other words) and you'll see what I mean.

This post saved me from having my own meltdown a couple of weeks ago. It is really good to be good to other people.

Because I think it's important to sometimes write just for yourself, instead of the entire internet.

Have you answered this question yet?

What is on your list today?

4 comments:

  1. Phew. Sunday morning, catching up on beloved blogs (like yours!) and writing a few posts for my own. Dishes in the sink from last night, and sorting laundry. Getting my husband's ass out of bed to cut wood and get me some kindling for the kitchen woodstove! Clean off all horizontal surfaces in the kitchen...clear the clutter! Walk down the road to feed our neighbour's horses some apples and carrots. Hang out with my kids. Psyche myself up for another week of work. Enjoy the sunshine.
    Not in that order, necessarily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a fine list, a fine list. Hope your week is a good one!

      Delete
  2. thanks for sharing your world, and for the links above--I needed to see them. I will need to see them again tomorrow, and the next tomorrow, until I get it right. So glad to see your beauties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, happy to see you here! I miss Willa Road so much and wish I could mix the two worlds a bit more. And I need these reminders all the time. Thank goodness for some very excellent writing out there!

      Delete