Monday, April 2, 2012

Food that caught my attention in March


April started today and I'm pretty excited about that. But before I run headfirst into this new month, I thought I would share some of the food I dreamed about in March:

It rained (as spring does), so I thought about soup. Especially this minestrone and this coconut milk and squash bisque.

I made this salad this week, though without the mint. I didn't have any mint on hand, I was hungry, and the salad just couldn't wait. It was still delightful. If you're not roasting beets at least a few times a month, you're doing something wrong. Or, at least, maybe you should think about starting.

Asparagus+potato+poached egg+creme fraiche = something I should be eating right now. Let's get started, shall we? Asparagus will be in season here in Ontario before we know it.

Did you know that you can bake brown rice? I did not know that. But that's what I'll be doing this week.

Because is there anyone in the world who doesn't love hot fudge sauce? Probably not. Plus I'm a sucker for a post wherein someone reveals an upcoming baby. Because is there anyone in the world who doesn't love babies? Don't answer that. I love them enough for everybody.

I want to make this chocolate cake, but I would rather if you made it for me.

And I might serve you this Lemon, Ginger, Basil cooler if your came over for dinner and brought that cake with you.



Did anything catch your attention in March? Do tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment