Sunday, October 9, 2011
It's Canadian Thanksgiving, and so I offer you another list. Here are a few things I'm thankful for right now:
1. Shira's little face.
2. Alyce's not as little face.
3. That my friend, Gemma, gave birth to another healthy boy yesterday!
4. The pies I made made for Thanksgiving dinner today at my mum's house. I am just getting comfortable making pie crust from scratch, but they turned out beautifully. There was one apple, two pumpkin, and no photographic evidence. We were too busy eating.
5. Being close to mum after years of living all over the place.
6. The new season of Dexter.
7. For those of you who are always cheering me up when I'm feeling discouraged.
8. I'm grateful for how delicious my coffee tastes each morning.
9.That Matt and I can rely on each other, and most importantly, stay married, during these very uncertain months. I consider myself very lucky.
10. For my blog. I can't explain just how much joy it brings me to connect with so many different people, especially when there have been so many times in the past few years when I've felt awfully alone. Also, I love having a place to smother in photos of my two favourite faces (see: #1 and #2).
Happy Thanksgiving! May you eat lots of delicious food and then find a couch upon which to collapse, happily.
P.S. I cannot find any figs. Not a single one. Maybe I'll have to order some fig jam, to give me just a taste until next fig season?
P.P.S. I'm going apple-picking again tomorrow, but this time for red delicious apples, Matt's favourite. I still have a large batch of apple sauce to make from the last round, but I'm up for the challenge.