Friday, September 30, 2011

Dear Maggie



Dear Maggie,

This morning you did something really special for my little Alyce. As you've seen over these past two weeks, Alyce feels really sad when it's time for me to leave her at school. She cries for a very long time, holding on to me as tightly as possible, hoping that I won't leave. I know she likes kindergarten, but saying good-bye and starting a new day at school is tough. But this morning you made a really big difference in Alyce's day when you asked if she'd like to hold your hand and walk into class together. Immediately Alyce's tears stopped and she nodded her head and reached out her hand. The two of you walked into Room 4 and never looked back. Today was a special day.

I know it's been tough for you to say good-bye to your Mama, too. I remember last week when I saw you crying before school. It's hard to let go of people you love, even if it's just for the day. But your empathy this morning made a real difference to my Alyce. Today the two of you walked into class together, older and braver than you were when you arrived at your new school just two weeks ago.

Thank you, Maggie. You made a real difference for me, too.

Love,
Alyce's Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment