Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Taste of What's Coming


Spring, that is.

Delaware was gifted with two incredible Spring days this week. When I lived in Alberta we would occasionally enjoy an unseasonably warm day in February or March, and I enjoyed those, too. But those days were always bittersweet because everyone knew that spring wouldn't actually show up until May. Whereas last May in Delaware I was forty-one weeks pregnant during a heatwave. Spring arrives a bit earlier here, and for that I am grateful.



So what do you do when the weather turns lovely, after a cold winter? You search for those cicada skins you buried in the fall, of course. At least that's what Alyce did. And she found them. She also offered the remains of old cherry tomatoes to the squirrels, along with a few old cheerios. She's a giving soul, that one.

What I can say for sure about this week is that everyone's mood improved. A lovely twist after a rough week. I hope everyone was so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment