Friday, October 29, 2010

Do They Make Cards for This?

At Target yesterday I was searching for some birthday cards, and I actually found myself wondering if Papyrus makes a card to tell your mother that you're not finishing your PhD. I actually went there. Can you imagine that I am such a scaredy-cat about telling my mum that my brain would even go to such lengths? I need to grow some courage.

But wouldn't it be wonderful if they did make cards for moments like this? Why only celebrate what The Man tells us is a holiday or a joyous occasion? Let's make our own! "I'm leaving graduate school and starting an exciting new path. Surprise!" I think these would sell. I know that I'd buy about thirty and mail them out to my entire family. Maybe I have a new project. Or maybe I should just pick up the phone and get this over with already.

No comments:

Post a Comment