Monday, September 14, 2015

It's Monday!



Hello lovelies! It's Monday again and I'm grateful for it. I'm ready to start on some new projects (though not too many because I'm working a lot this week) and I'm looking forward to another week of school for the girlies. Last week was good, but it still felt like an blip in our otherwise all over the place summer. We need another week in to feel like things are really settling in.



The past week has been filled with some great things. I love the daily walks to school and I love the quiet house upon my return. The cats are so pumped that the girlies are gone for six plus hours a day. Just look at Pomegranate. Doesn't he looked pumped?



I also enjoyed some time out in the city running some solo errands. There was a stop for a delightful Americano and the best gluten free muffin I've ever had (at Dark Horse on Queen West near Bathurst). These quiet moments were well-earned after a summer at home with children.



In honour of Rosh Hashanah this week, I baked. (Truth be told I bake in  honour of pretty much anything.) I decided to try two recipes from Joy the Baker, a blog I adore for both its recipes and the sweetness of her writing. I made chocolate pudding for the little ones at our dinner and apple crisp for the grown-ups. Matty had both because he is a kid at heart. The apple crisp was only mostly delicious because I used the wrong apples. I always have the wrong apples in my kitchen.




Here is my to-do list for the week:

  • Welcome my students to the new session of my course. Everything is starting back up this week and it's time to send some emails. Speaking of emails, I'm going to try creating an email schedule for my class this year to help keep me from forgetting to write important updates or weekly tips on the course work. I'm all over schedules this year. 
 
  •  I want to spend some time with vegetables. I've become such a lazy cook over the past few years and I never eat enough vegetables, which is ridiculous because I love vegetables. So I've armed myself with some new cookbooks from the library and I'm getting cooking. 

  •  We are having dinner with friends on the weekend and I am in charge of dessert (again). Any ideas? Something involving chocolate, obviously, and something gluten-free. 

  •  Walks! It's going to happen, friends. 

What is on your list for the week? Are you still working on existing projects, or starting something new?

Be well!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment