Monday, August 3, 2015

It's Monday!



Hello again! It's a holiday here in Canada, so this Monday kind of slipped away from me. But then an hour ago reality hit and it was time to make my to do list. But first, how was your weekend? The heat wave broke and we had an evening of glorious thunderstorms with a lightening show that went on for hours. We spent most of the weekend working on projects at home, lazing around watching movies, and then last night I went out for drinks with some fellow midwifery students (it was exactly what I needed). 

I'm really excited about this week. Do you want to know why?

The girlies will be in nature camp all week long.

It's like a vacation! I have four straight days to work, write, nap, and (cross your fingers that I actually do this) start my yoga practice! The summer has been a bit bumpy so far because it turns out I have children who love the structure of school. The splash pads have lost their sparkle, the library makes them yawn, and I can't even get them excited about baking with me anymore. We need a bit of a break and camp is the answer (and thank you universe for having a camp with two open spots for the week, a summer miracle here in Toronto). After their week at camp we are starting "homeschooling" for the rest of the summer, something they are very excited about. They have enjoyed tons of unstructured time already, so the last four weeks will be filled with projects, field trips, and maybe a science experiment or two. I'll have a break from my job for most of August, so while it will be a lot of planning work on my part, I'm hoping I will end up hearing less about how bored my children are. Because if I don't hear that again I'll be a happy woman. 


Here is my list for the week:
  • Finish grading my students' papers and calculate their final grades.
  • Prep for my class this coming September.
  • Work on my blogging course, which means playing around with photo editing and finally writing my About page!
  • Planning for homeschooling week one: the theme of this first week will be the human body, because I am an anatomy nerd.
  • Start my first week back at yoga, with classes on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
  • Nap, because I can.
So that's my week. What does yours look like? I hope it's a wonderful one.

Be well.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment