Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ten things that happened to me today





I feel like we need some new introductions around here. I started this blog two (holy cow) years ago and  let's face it, things change. Okay, I'll go first. I'm Danielle and here is a list:

Ten things that happened to me today

1. I spent approximately 458 hours in traffic.

2. I bought Alyce a new pair of shoes and she is currently sleeping with them.

3. I did not have a successful day in my quest to eat only unprocessed food in October.

4. I inhaled this favourite season of mine, drizzle and all.

5. I made some pumpkin bread to pack in Alyce's lunch tomorrow because, according to my daughter, her lunch bag doesn't have enough food in it and she never has enough food to last until third snack. The poor girl is wasting away and just needs some food already.



6. I gave some thought to some new opportunities.

7. I took Alyce on a date (french toast for dinner+libray).

8. I signed up for some courage.

9. I missed some friends I haven't seen in a long time and made a note to plan visits.

10. I ate still warm pumpkin bread in bed with my husband.




My mother asked me earlier this evening whether or not I was ever going to replace that dreaded photo of my empty pizza plate on the first page of my blog. Fair question. I haven't posted in over a week and I think the cause is a general feeling of unsettled-ness. I'm a little bit antsy and a little bit tired, all the while still methodically trying to plant roots in our new home. I feel like we been moving for five years! Somebody ground me already, bury my feet in the Toronto dirt. Remind me that this is our new (again) home, no matter where we might find ourselves in the future. Today this is where we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment