Monday, November 14, 2011

Leaves






I don't need to give you a list of all the reasons I love fall.  Crisp air, crunchy leaves, root vegetables, apple cider and hot chocolate, scarves, and that's just the beginning (wait, was that a list? It's like I make them in my sleep. I'm list-addicted). But is there anything better than throwing The Children into huge piles of leaves? Between the giggles and the pleading for more leaves, Papa, it was my highlight of the weekend.

Now that I'm a grown-up working Monday to Friday (by the way, I'm not totally thrilled with being a grown-up, but I'll save that complaint for another post), the weekends are key. But now I'm faced with the dilemma of doing so many things on the weekend, trying to cram in as much time with my friends and family as I can, that I'm finding myself exhausted by Sunday night. This weekend, between preparing a birthday dinner for mum, cleaning up the craft shelves, nursing Shira every twenty minutes (don't ask), going to the park, heading to the store multiple times because I just kept forgetting everything on my list, has left me exhausted. I need to work on this strange new weekend phenomenon.

But I'll take a busy weekend any day of the week! Preferably every day.

P.S. Mum's birthday dinner menu: Asparagus and pea risotto, thinly sliced steak over greens, and a lemon birthday cake with vanilla icing. It all turned out beautifully. Happy Birthday mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment